Customer Services Assistant
£17,000 to £19,000 p.a. pro-rata
*6 Month Fixed Term Contract – possibility of permanent employment
*Monday-Friday 9am-5pm and occasional Saturdays 9am-12.30pm on a rota basis (additional pay) *
We are looking for a friendly, professional person with great customer service skills to work in our Chalfont St Giles office. As a key member of our Customers Services team you will be assisting in the daily running of the Building Society. We operate as both a head office and branch; therefore you will have varied responsibilities including a mixture of customer facing and back office work.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Cashiering (both opening and balancing individual tills)
- Customer Services - face to face and over the telephone
- Opening new accounts
- Preparing month end duties
- General administrative duties including post, address changes, data entry etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous customer services experience
- A high degree of numeracy and accuracy with good attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills
- Good computer/IT knowledge
- The ability to react quickly, calmly and professionally in a busy office
- A can-do attitude and active team player prepared to ”go the extra mile”
- A minimum of GCSE English and Maths grade C (or equivalent) is required for this position.
- Competitive salary and pension scheme (employer pension contributions up to 10%)
- 25 days paid holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Healthcare benefits (BUPA Cash Plan)
- 4 x annual salary life assurance
- Free car parking
- Employee recognition scheme
- Professional training and development opportunities
The Buckinghamshire Building Society is an independent, mutual organisation which was founded in 1907. With approximately 9,000 savers and 2,000 borrowers the commitment is to put the interests of our members first, with our motto of “doing the right thing” at the heart of everything we do.
Please email your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary/salary expectations to: Sharon Gardner, Head of People and Culture, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01494 877244.