Telephone Business Development Manager
Competitive Salary and benefits package
Full Time - Weekdays - 9am-5pm - Chalfont St. Giles (Hybrid Working possible)
The main responsibilities of the Telephone Business Development Manager will include:
- Be the part of the team that are the primary point of contact for all broker calls regarding new mortgage loan criteria enquiries.
- Be responsible for DIP decisions within the agreed mandate.
- To manage broker relationships to help grow the business from specific brokers.
- To achieve set objectives to grow the mortgage book and deliver agreed business objectives in line with the Society’s strategy.
- To attend f2f / virtual events to help support the Mortgage Sales team.
- To work with the Mortgage Administration and Underwriting teams as requested to ensure that, as a team, all mortgages are processed effectively in a timely manner.
- To support the Key Account/Business Development Manager team in on-going broker relationships and share ideas for the marketing of our proposition to our broker community.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Previous experience gained within a mortgages department and in dealing with brokers (essential)
- CeMAP qualification – levels 1, 2 and 3 desirable
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task, manage and prioritise own work loads, work under pressure and deliver SLAs
- Good knowledge of MCOB, MCD and general regulatory requirements
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels (broker to board)
- The ability to assimilate information and make timely accurate decisions
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday Entitlement (Up to 25 days)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- BUPA Cash Plan
- Training and Development
- Staff Recognition Awards
The Buckinghamshire Building Society was founded in 1907 and as a Member owned Mutual, with no shareholders; our emphasis is firmly on providing value to existing and new Members through competitive savings and mortgage products. We source mortgages across the full range of product niches via a nationwide broker network and funded by a constantly evolving retail savings book. We have approximately 10,000 savings customers and nearly 1,600 borrowers. We are a highly progressive society with very strong capital and liquidity foundations, a strongly growing business based on evolving risk management, excellent regulatory relationships and striving to be the best small building society in the country. Our internal culture places enormous emphasis on teamwork behaviours. As a society we value tangible involvement with our local community and frequently support local events, schools, clubs and charities. Our motto of "doing the right thing" is at the heart of everything we do.
The Buckinghamshire Building Society is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to actively promoting diversity and inclusion.
For further information, please contact Claire Askham (Head of Mortgage Sales): firstname.lastname@example.org or 01494 418257.
Please send all applications to: email@example.com