Cookies on the Bucks Building Society website

We use cookies to help provide you with the best possible online experience. By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Click here to find out more.

Here's your answer...

Q: How do I inform you of a death?

We understand that this will be a difficult time for you and we try to make the process as easy as possible. Please inform us in writing of the death and send us a certified copy of the death certificate. Depending on the balance in the account, we may also need a Grant of Probate and a copy of the Will. We will contact you to let you know what you need to provide to us.

If you hold a joint account with the deceased person, the account will revert to your sole name.

If you are the beneficiary of the deceased person’s money we will require you to provide identification.

If you do need to wait for Probate to be granted, you can pay any funeral expenses from the account in the meantime by sending us the invoice.

We will deal sensitively with any other questions you may have. Please contact the savings department.