Cookies on the Bucks Building Society website

We use cookies to help provide you with the best possible online experience. By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Click here to find out more.

Here's your answer...

Q: How do I inform you of the death of a borrower?

We understand that this will be a difficult time for you and you should contact the mortgage department by phone, as we can help you immediately with any questions you may have. We will ask you for a certified copy of the death certificate and inform you when changes have been made to the mortgage account. Under a Joint Tenancy, the property automatically passes to the surviving tenant. You will need to appoint a solicitor to take care of any legal implications, and your solicitor will deal with probate, insurance or any other matters for you.